Saturday, September 10, 2005
(This news section contains archived materials. Some of these archived links may no longer be working. Thank you for understanding.)
We face difficult situations in the workplace on a daily basis: whether as a manager having to deliver bad news, an employee who is frustrated with his boss or co-worker, or a service provider facing a difficult negotiation, we encounter situations which fill us with anxiety and dread.
Below are some pointers to assist you in dealing with such situations. Think about what is important to you in the situation. Consider what would work best for you, and how you see your role and that of the other party in achieving this. Remember that the Federal Centre is there to assist you in working through your options.
Have you ever thought of taking a career assessment test?
Maybe you are unsure as to what job is best suited to you?
Click on the link below and complete a FREE career assessment test.
You will find out what jobs you are best suited to, your strengths, weaknesses and you will receive a list of the top 20 jobs that you are cut out for. GO FOR IT!
Canadian national job bank - sponsored by HRSD
Participants receive information about their sector - an overview of their profession, the licensing required, where to get language and upgrading programs, how to research and apply for jobs, and get labour market information.Contact Us
Presentation on the licensing requirements are done by the licensing bodies such as the Professional Engineers of Ontario, Ontario Association of Engineering Technicians and Technologists, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario, and the Ontario College of Teachers.
( 416 658-3101 x0
One of Canada's best online employment directories.
Monster.ca, Canada's #1 career website has the opportunities and resources you need to make that next big career move.
We Put a Whole New Spin on YOUR business
Toronto's Virtual Employment Resource Centre
provides job search and Internet recruitment services
Provides links to employment agencies and Toronto companies that post job vacancies on their web sites.
Focused on companies not posting on big jobboards like workopolis, monster, hotjobs, ontariojobs, etc.
Êtes–vous ingénieur, comptable/économiste, technicien en Informatique ou professionnel de la santé? Désirez-vous partager vos connaissances avec d’autres?
Visit our Career Resources for valuable resume writing tips, networking tips, interviewing tips and more.
JOB FUTURES http://www.jobfutures.ca/
Industry Canada Web site - not a job search site, but it's an excellent tool for background research (economic trends…)
Offers detailed info on Cdn companies (note: this site offers limited access to Scott's resources - full edition available free at local libraries and other centres)
Specializes in Cdn career and employment information - good cross section of resources including skills tests and market trends
and click on Templates (left menu), then in the search bar type "resume" and then hit "Go".You'll see a bunch of free templates that look pretty good. (the same for "cover letter")
Stationary Engineers Canadian EMPLOYER’S INDEX
Time Management BlogTimemanaged.com offers tons of time management resources to help you empower yourself. Knowing where you are will help you determine where you need to be. Browse our articles that are uniquely written or gathered from professional sources to help you gain control of your time.
9 Lives Of Leadership
Learn tools to make you a master communicator.
Are you searching for the ideal job? Planning your next promotion? Struggling with office politics? Check out our free career tools, articles and resources for everyone seeking success.
'Ask TNSC's Advice' offers responses to questions relating to negotiations in one's personal and professional life.
Skill and Personality Assessments
Find mechanical engineering online. See our engineering guide.
Please report inactive links.
Engineering Associations and Organizations
Accredited Canadian Engineering Programs
List by Institution
Education, Science, and Other Resources
|http://www.download.com/||"Download freeware and shareware|
"Software for Windows, Linux and Macintosh"
"A fantastic site for UNIX and Linux documentation"
"A great resource for Windows device drivers"
"A knowledgebase for Windows and general computing"
"An online IT-specific encyclopedia of computer terms"
"A collection of resources for Windows 2000 and XP"
"Free online computer support"
"A complete guide for computer hardware"
"Internet movie database containing ratings for all movies"
"See how the first web browsers would perform today"
"Hardware comparison, analysis and news"
"An online database explaining Windows event log errors"
- Keeping track of projects, including subtasks, state of subtasks and time recording
- Project workplace, including links to necessary files, executables, source of information and of course information
- Workplace for internet research using Google and other sources
- Keeping a collection of small or middle sized notes with links on some area which expands as needed. Such a collection of notes is sometimes called knowledge base.
- Essay writing and brainstorming, using colors to show which essays are open, completed, not yet started etc, using size of nodes to indicate size of essays. I don't have one map for one essay, I have one map for all essays. I move parts of some essays to other when it seems appropriate.
- Keeping a small database of something with structure that is either very dynamic or not known in advance. The main disadvantage of such approach when compared to traditional database applications are poor query possibilities, but I use it that way anyway - contacts, recipes, medical records etc. You learn about the structure from the additional data items you enter. For example, different medical records use different structure and you do not have to analyze all the possible structures before you enter the first medical record.
- Commented internet favorites or bookmarks, with colors and fonts having the meaning you want.
CD & ASSOCIATES - IMMIGRATION LAW & CONSULTING
Stela Coldea – Member of the Canadian Society of Immigration Consultants
- The Western University of London Ontario
- National Library of Canada
- Canada Centre
- Canada Information by Subject - - The National Library offers links to sites featuring information about Canada.
- Canadiana - A comprehensive Canadian resource guide.
University POLITEHNICA of Bucharest (UPB) is the most important technical university in Romania.